|Thursday, August 18th||4:00 - 5:30 PM||SCSW 107|
|Friday, September 2nd||12:00 - 1:30 PM||SCSW 107|
|Friday, September 16th||12:00 - 1:30 PM||SCSW 107|
|Tuesday, September 27th||4:00 - 5:30 PM||SCSW 203|
|Friday, October 14th||12:00 - 1:30 PM||SCSW 107|
|Tuesday, October 25th||4:00 - 5:30 PM||SCSW 203|
BA, MSW, PhD
BA, LMSW, ACSW, PhD
Field Education Director
BSE, MSW, LCSW
MSW Program Director
Clinical Associate Professor
BSW, MSSW, LMSW, PhD
The Baccalaureate degree in Social Work has been offered at the University of Arkansas since 1940. The School has one of the oldest undergraduate social work programs in the United States. The program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
The undergraduate program has two primary education goals:
- preparation for culturally competent, empirically based, multi-system, beginning level
professional generalist practice across the life course
- the preparation of students for continuing their professional growth and development after graduation.
In order to achieve its basic purposes, the faculty, students, staff, and agency field instructors are involved in a variety of teaching, research, and outreach activities that involve them in the life of the university, communities around the state, and at the national level.
The mission of the University of Arkansas MSW program is to use the body of knowledge, values, and skills of the social work profession to:
- develop new social work knowledge through the conduct of research in the spirit of
scientific inquiry and the use of new technologies, especially in the area of poverty
- educate competent and effective advanced leader/practitioners committed to fundamental
social work values including service, social justice, integrity, the dignity and worth
of every person, competence and human rights
- apply research findings in outreach efforts through service and leadership in the development of social service delivery systems to improve the quality of life of poor and other vulnerable persons, families, groups, organizations and communities in Arkansas, nationally, and globally.