Fulbright College Commencement
May 13, 2022
Bud Walton Arena
- The Fulbright College Commencement processional will begin promptly at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, May 13, 2022 in the Bud Walton Arena. Doors for guests open at 2:00 p.m.
- REGALIA PICK UP- All graduates should pick up their regalia at the appointed place (U of A Bookstore) during the designated “pick up” times posted on the bookstore website. http://bookstore.uark.edu/graduation/. Regalia will not be available at the check-in.
- GRADUATES- Prior to May 13, all graduates should receive an email that includes your commencement ticket with your seat assignment. You should bring that ticket with you to the ceremony. Graduates should arrive at the entrance to the truck tunnel just off California Boulevard (located on the east side of Bud Walton Arena) no later than 2:40 p.m. in order to be seated. Upon arrival, graduates will be assisted to their assigned seats where they will find a diploma cover and a commencement ticket. We ask that you please use the ticket in your seat. Do not bend or fold that ticket. Graduates will take their ticket to the stage area where they will be scanned. Once the ticket has been scanned, the graduate’s name is in queue to be announced as they cross the stage. The information on the tickets has been previously recorded. This information was taken from the graduates’ application for graduation and UA Connect. Graduates will march by major. We understand that some will have more than one major listed. Seats will be assigned based on the fist major listed in UA Connect.
- GUESTS WITH MOBILITY ISSUES - Guests with mobility impairment and their families may enter
the arena through the South and West entrances. Disabled parking is available in lot 60. We recommend that guests with mobility impairment arrive no later than 2:30 p.m. Spaces may be limited due to the large number of attendees. Ushers will be available inside the arena to assist them in locating the elevator and seating. The handicapped seating will be available on the concourse level of the arena. Due to limited number of disabled seats, only two additional guests may accompany those utilizing the disabled seating. We are sorry, but no seating will be available on the arena floor due to the limitation of space.
Graduates who will require accommodations during the ceremony (i.e. require an interpreter, wheelchair access, etc.) should advise Fulbright College via e-mail at email@example.com in advance of May 1, 2022 so that necessary arrangements can be made.
- All GUESTS will be required to enter through the south and west entrances of the arena. All other entrances will be blocked for security purposes All bags will be checked so it would be wise for guests to plan to arrive early to avoid a delay in reaching their seats. No wrapped packages or strollers are allowed in Bud Walton Arena. Compact umbrellas will be allowed.
- FREE PARKING is available in any unrestricted parking lot on campus. General parking near Bud Walton Arena includes Lots 46, 56, 47N, 47S, 74, 74A, 74B, 74C, 74E and the Stadium Parking Garage. See parking map. https://registrar.uark.edu/_resources/pdf/spring_commencement_parking_map.pdf
- GRADUATES should arrange with your guests or family members to take care of your purses, cameras or any other personal items as there is no secure place to leave them in the tunnel.
- PICTURES -Grad Images will be taking photographs of each graduate and will contact graduates directly or you may contact Grad Images by calling 1-800-424-3686 or visiting their website at gradimages.com.
If you have additional questions, you may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 575-4801 for assistance.
The event will also be available to family members who are unable to attend through live streaming. It may be accessed through the following site: https://www.youtube.com/user/UniversityArkansas/