Welcome to the J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Arkansas. Use the checklist below to get started as a new employee. Scroll down to get current employee inforamation!
Your supervisor or department personnel manager may assist you in meeting the following requirements.
New Employee Checklist:
Complete the New employee paperwork
Activate Your UARK Account with IT Services (your department personnel manager will provide the nine digit university ID number)
Get Your University ID Card at the at the Campus Card Office
Get Your Parking Permit
Attend New Employee Orientation
Enroll in Employee Benefits - Now Online!
Register for Training
Review Employee Information on webBASIS with your UARK credentials
Review the Staff Handbook and the Faculty Handbook
View and use Forms Provided by Central Human Resources
Current Employee Information:
- The U.S. Department of Labor will increase the salary level test for employees who are exempt from receiving overtime payments under the Fair Labor Standards Act. On May 18, the Department of Labor announced that the salary basis test for exemption is being changed from $23,660 annually to a $47,476 annually. The new rules mean that employees who receive less than $47,476 annually for a full-year worker or less than $913 per week for workers working less than a year, must be paid overtime (or for state employees like those working for the university – be provided compensatory time) for any hours over 40 hours a week. This includes positions whose primary work is research, but does not apply to teaching faculty.
- As a result, employees who will become non-exempt will need to begin recording their hours of work beginning Dec. 1, in the same manner as current non-exempt employees record their time by "clocking in."
- In order to prepare for the time keeping requirements of the FLSA, as well as to obtain information that will assist your department or area in understanding how the new regulations will affect business related needs, we ask that you begin recording your time on time sheets provided by central human resources (other time sheets may be used as well).
- Definition: Exempt and Non-exempt Employees
- The Catastrophic Leave Bank Program assists eligible University employees through medical emergencies, injuries, and illnesses incurred by them or eligible family members after the employees exhaust their earned sick leave, annual leave, holidays, and compensatory time. There are two separate catastrophic leave banks: one for faculty and one for classified and non-classified staff. Only faculty may donate to the faculty bank, and only faculty may receive awarded catastrophic leave hours from the faculty bank. Only staff may donate to the staff bank, and only staff may receive awarded catastrophic leave hours from the staff bank. During fiscal year 2016, 26 University employees received assistance from this program. Human Resources will conduct a donation drive for this program during the month of November 2016.
- Information and donation forms are available from your departmental leave representative and on the Human Resources web page at http://hr.uark.edu/CatLeaveDonorApp.pdf. Only 100% appointed employees are eligible to participate in the Catastrophic Leave Bank Program. Donations are strictly voluntary and employees do not need to be donors to participate in the program. Donations must be made in one-hour increments and there is no limit to the amount of hours that may be donated. However, a donation cannot be accepted if it would reduce the combined sick and annual leave balances of the donor to less than 80 hours. Leave donations are only accepted during donation drives or at an employee’s end of employment.
- As a reminder, you may not have more than 240 hours of annual leave and no more than 960 hours of sick leave on January 1 of each year.
March 6, 2017 (Monday) Hourly Time Due
March 9, 2017 (Thursday) OT/Supp Due
March 9, 2017 (Thursday) February Leave Due
March 10, 2017 (Friday) Hourly Pay Day
March 15, 2017 (Wednesday) OT/SUPP Pay Day
March 17, 2017 (Friday) Hourly Time Due
March 23, 2017 (Thursday) Hourly Pay Day
March 27, 2017 (Monday) Monthly Due
March 31, 2017 (Friday) Monthly Pay Day
April 4, 2017 (Tuesday) Hourly Time Due
April 7, 2017 (Friday) OT/Supp Due
April 10, 2017 (Monday) Hourly Pay Day
April 10, 2017 (Monday) March Leave Due
April 14, 2017 (Friday) OT/SUPP Pay Day
April 19, 2017 (Wednesday) Hourly Time Due
April 24, 2017 (Monday) Monthly Due
April 25, 2017 (Tuesday) Hourly Pay Day
April 28, 2017 (Friday) Monthly Pay Day
The University of Arkansas recognizes the importance of a healthy employee work/life balance. As work/life balance advocates, Human Resources strives to guide and support employees through the many transitions they experience throughout their career at the university, including those that intersect both work and home.
Effective January 1st, 2017, the new minimum wage was raised to $8.50 per hour. For more information, review the Fact Sheet.
It’s time to start thinking about W-2’s! In order to save money and paper, we’d like to ask you to enroll in the electronic W-2 process through http://www.mytaxform.com (formerly www.W2express.com ). There will be a Newswire article announcing that employees can enroll if they have not already. There will also be a detailed email sent out with instructions on how to enroll and how to log in and retrieve their W-2 once the information is ready in January.
The university must be a place of work and study for students, faculty, and staff, which is free of all forms of discrimination, intimidation and exploitation. Please use the resources below to share your thoughts and concerns.
- International Students and Scholars (http://international-students.uark.edu/)
- Sponsored Student Programs (http://sponsored-students.uark.edu/index.php)
- International Admissions Office (http://international-admissions.uark.edu/index.php)
- Study Abroad and International Exchange (http://studyabroad.uark.edu/)
- Spring International Language Center (http://silc.uark.edu/)
- Graduate School and International Education (http://graduate-and-international.uark.edu/index.php)
- University Housing (http://housing.uark.edu)
- Counseling and Psychological Services (http://caps.uark.edu)
- Dean of Students (http://uofacares.uark.edu)
- Multicultural Center (http://multicultural.uark.edu/)
- Employee Assistance Program (800-542-6021 http://www.uams.edu/eap/)
- University of Arkansas Police Department (575-2222)
- Report a Concern (http://report.uark.edu)
Yes! All new hires will be able to enroll in their employee benefits (insurance, retirement & flexible spending) via webBASIS. Of course, new employees will need to be set up in their appointed positions in BASIS before they can do the online enrollment.
The online benefits enrollment will be found in webBASIS under My Benefits. Two new screens have been added – New Benefits Enrollment (for Flexible Spending, Health, Dental, Vision & Retirement) and Optional Benefits (Life, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance & AD&D Insurance & beneficiary designations).
Most of these functions are for new employees only, existing employees will still need to complete paper enrollment forms to enroll in, cancel or add/delete dependents to their flex, health, dental & vision. The Optional Benefits function will be available to existing employees and they will be able to update their beneficiaries for Life and AD&D here.
New employees will still be able to complete the paper enrollment forms if they wish and we can still key their info into BASIS. You’ll see if you scroll down to the bottom that the forms are still posted. The New Employee Benefits Enrollment page of our website, https://hr.uark.edu/working/new-employees/benefits-enrollment.php, has been updated to include the instructions for webBASIS enrollment.
Dependent documentation will still be required so the enrollment process will not be completely paperless. Any benefits enrollment that includes coverage for children or spouses will be target and will not be approved until the dependent documentation comes in. Please scan and email or fax dependent documentation to HR and include names and employee ID numbers on their documentation.
Click here to access the online registration form. This is for assigned RazorBuy Departmental Contacts to request RazorBuy access for their employees. Only forms completed by the RazorBuy Departmental Contact will be processed.
** Basic Shoppers create shopping carts using only catalog and non-catalog orders, add accounting information
if required by their department, and assign their carts to another user for submission.
Shoppers only need a uark email to gain access to the system.
** Advanced Shoppers create shopping carts with the possibility of using any and all forms, add accounting information, and assign their carts to another user for submission. Advanced Shoppers only need a uark email to gain access to the system.
** Requesters shop and place orders. Requesters must have a BASIS desk with UPS access.
** The Department Approval role is optional and does NOT replace TARGET approval in BASIS. This role is for review-only and has no shopping capability. Department Approvers must have a BASIS desk with UPS access.