Fulbright Commencement Information
May 8, 2020
Bud Walton Arena
- The Fulbright College Commencement processional will begin promptly at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, May 8, 2020 in the Bud Walton Arena. Doors for guests open at 1:30 p.m.
- REGALIA PICK UP- All graduates should pick up their regalia at the appointed place (U of A Bookstore) during the designated “pick up” times posted on the bookstore website. http://bookstore.uark.edu/graduation/. Regalia will not be available at the check-in.
- GRADUATE CHECK IN - Graduates should check in at the at the tents located at the truck tunnel entrance just off of California Boulevard (located on the east side of Bud Walton Arena) no later than 2:10 p.m. to begin lining up for the processional. If you are not in place by 2:35, it may not be possible for us to include you in the ceremony. It is the responsibility of every graduate to come by the check-in tables so that you may receive your “Commencement Ticket” in order to be recognized at the ceremony. (We must ask that family members and friends do not linger in that area. It becomes very congested due to the large volume of graduates. If you wish to visit with your family or friends prior to the ceremony, please make sure that you do so in an area removed from the check in area.) In order to ensure that your name is announced you must take that "Commencement Ticket" to the stage area at the time that your diploma is to be awarded. Please do not misplace it! You should also check the ticket to be certain that all information is correct. Any changes to that ticket will be reviewed by a Commencement Official prior to you crossing the stage. Graduates will march by major. There will be signs posted for each major. Once you have checked in and received your commencement ticket, please go to the area designated for your major. There will be attendants available to assist you. Graduates who have more than one major should choose the major in which they wish to march. Commencement marshals will be available to assist you in placing you within your major.
- GUESTS WITH MOBILITY ISSUES - Guests with mobility impairment and their families may enter the arena through the South and West entrances. Disabled parking is available in lot 60. We recommend that guests with mobility impairment arrive no later than 2:30 p.m. Spaces may be limited due to the large number of attendees. Ushers will be available inside the arena to assist them in locating the elevator and seating. The handicapped seating will be available on the concourse level of the arena. Due to limited number of disabled seats, only two additional guests may accompany those utilizing the disabled seating. We are sorry, but no seating will be available on the arena floor due to the limitation of space.
Graduates who will require accommodations during the ceremony (i.e. require an interpreter, wheelchair access, etc.) should advise Fulbright College via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of May 1, 2020 so that necessary arrangements can be made.
- All GUESTS will be required to enter through the south entrance of the arena. All other entrances will be blocked for security purposes. (Exceptions listed in section 4 above.) All bags will be checked so it would be wise for guests to plan to arrive early to avoid a delay in reaching their seats. No wrapped packages or strollers are allowed in Bud Walton Arena. Compact umbrellas will be allowed.
- FREE PARKING is available in any unrestricted parking lot on campus. General parking near Bud Walton Arena include Lots 46, 56, 47N, 47S, 74, 74A, 74B, 74C, 74E and the Stadium Parking Garage. See parking map. https://registrar.uark.edu/_resources/pdf/spring_commencement_parking_map.pdf
- GRADUATES should arrange with your guests or family members to take care of your purses, cameras or any other personal items as there is no secure place to leave them in the tunnel.
- PICTURES -Grad Images will be taking photographs of each graduate and will contact graduates directly or you may contact Grad Images by calling 1-800-424-3686 or visiting their website at gradimages.com.
If you have additional questions, you may e-mail email@example.com or call 575-4801 for assistance.