Appointed Fulbright College employees not in a student title who are 50% or more appointed are eligible for benefits at the University of Arkansas. New employees have 31 days from after their hire date to enroll in retirement and insurance benefits. Click the links below to learn more about what the University has to offer.
Did you know the following merchants offer discounts to University of Arkansas employees?
- Silver Dollar City, Showboat Branson Belle & White Water offer a 20% discount on tickets (Use promo code: 24764)
- AT&T offers University of Arkansas employees 17% monthly discount on all wireless service plans, free Activation for new customers, and waived upgrade fees for existing AT&T customers (add the discount at www.att.com/wireless/univarkansas)
- Candlewood Suites offers $69.00 rate for any standard suite or $89.00 rate for any executive suite
Click here for more discount options.
No-Cost Employee Assistance Program Available for All Benefits-Eligible Employees
Benefits-eligible employees now have two options for no-cost access to employee assistance
programs, regardless of health plan enrollment, to support employees and immediate
family members through difficult times. Each employee assistance program provides
confidential assistance to identify and help address marital, family, financial, health,
alcohol, drug, legal, emotional or stress-related problems, and other personal concerns.
You may choose to access one or both of the programs at this time.
United Health Member Assistance Program (MAP): This is a new program through UMR that is an option for all benefits-eligible
employees working within the UA System office and campuses. Information on accessing
the program is available on the UA System website.
Arkansas Employee Assistance Program (AEAP): Arkansas EAP offices through UAMS remain open for in-person sessions. Additionally, Arkansas EAP provides online counseling through telephone or video call. Appointments can be made by calling 479-973-9072 or 800-542-6021. The Arkansas Employee Assistance Program is also available to graduate assistants and their families.
Recent Updates to the Retirement Plan
Effective July 1, 2019, employees will be required to contribute at least 4% to the chosen retirement plan. The employer matching contribution will be based on the combined required and voluntary employee contributions. Each July 1 the required employee contribution will increase by 1% until it reaches 5%.
The University of Arkansas System announces two new Voluntary Products available to University of Arkansas benefits-eligible employees, Identity Theft Protection through ID Watchdog and Legal Protection through LegalShield. Coverage is available now. You can enroll at any time. Enroll and pay your premiums directly to the vendor, not by payroll deduction through Human Resources.
Enroll for Identity Theft coverage and learn more by visiting http://identitybenefits.com/?code=UniversityofArkansas or by calling ID Watchdog customer service hotline at (866) 513-1518. See Human Resources website at http://hr.uark.edu/benefits/identify-theft.php for additional information and for the monthly premiums.
Enroll for LegalShield Legan Protection online at https://w3.legalshield.com/gs/init?grp=uas or find out more by contacting Stephanie Walker at 1-870-295-0417.
Upcoming Changes to the Retirement Plan
As a result of an extensive project undertaken by the UA Retirement Plan Committee, the University has engaged CAPTRUST Financial Advisors to assist the committee in a thorough review of current retirement plans, with the goal of reducing administrative fees, which increases participant returns, and offering a simplified and easier to understand menu of investment funds. This review included an assessment of our current investment providers, an analysis of the current choices for investment and administrative fees. Please check beck periodically for updates.
Retirement Individual Counseling
TIAA and Fidelity are on campus every month for individual, one-on-one counseling sessions. This gives you an opportunity to meet with a representative from your retirement company and get your questions answered and receive the assistance you need. Appointments are required. Contact Fidelity and TIAA directly to schedule appointments.
Contact TIAA at 1-800-732-8353
Contact Fidelity at 1-800-642-7131