Training & Development
The J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences Office of Human Resources, Diversity & Faculty Services, along with other trusted campus partners, offers numerous training and development opportunities, from customized programs to standardized group sessions. Pleases see below for upcoming training and development options.
- ARSC Administrative Support Supervisor Professional Development Series - for details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Human Resources
- Employee Development Program (EDP): This program is committed to improving employees’ work lives, departmental effectiveness, and institutional productivity and success by providing resources, facilitation, and training. For more information, please call 575-5351.
- Supervisor Development Program (SDP): Participants will learn about the skills, knowledge and resources required to effectively lead and coach other employees as well as comply with federal and state laws and university procedures. For more information, please call 575-4432.
- Hiring a Foreign National Blackboard E-Learning: This program will cover topics of bringing foreign guests to campus, immigration status and how to proceed with the hiring process. Please visit Blackboard to view the E-learning module. Please use the Mozilla Firefox browser when viewing this module.
- Evaluating Performance for Classified Employees: This training will include how to access the Performance Module, the Employee Portal and Action Items, how to develop Performance Standards and how to complete the Performance Evaluation. Please register for this training through the EDP Training Calendar at this link: https://edp.uark.edu/calendar/month.php. Any questions can be addressed with Valerie Casey at email@example.com or by phone at 5-6103.
- I-9 Training: Contact Colton Martin at 575-4429 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance (OEOC)
Sexual Assault and Harassment Awareness Training for Employees - To complete the on-line training (primary method of training), please click here or visit the Title IX website: http://titleix.uark.edu. The training will last between 45 minutes and an hour. You may verify the date of your last training session by viewing your transcripts on the University Employee Development website. Use your UARK credentials to log in.
In-person training will be available on a quarterly basis. Information regarding the in-person training will be posted on the OEOC training website https://oeoctraining.uark.edu
- Search Committee Training: As a federal contractor, we are required to train our personnel involved in recruitment, screening,
selection and related processes about the UA’s EEO obligations and, if appropriate,
about our affirmative action commitments. Information regarding the in-person training
will be posted on the OEOC training website https://oeoctraining.uark.edu
- Red Flag training: Any unit with activities that are considered covered accounts under the Red Flag Rule must implement the campus Identity Theft Prevention Plan and complete the training program in Blackboard Learn. For more information, contact Chuck Ramseyer, director of the financial affairs compliance team, at email@example.com or 479-575-5553.
- Sexual Assault Awareness Training: As part of the University of Arkansas’ ongoing and continuous commitment to campus safety and well-being, we are launching an online training program designed to inform participants about sexual harassment, sexual violence, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking, as well as our roles and the resources available both on and off campus. (NOTE: To successfully log-in, please enter your UARK username without “@uark.edu”). The training will last approximately 45 minutes.
- BASIS Training Resources: This system provides the campus with a fully integrated Business, Financial, and Human Resource system. If you require in-person training on any of these processes, please contact the BASIS Training Coordinator at 575-4164 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UAConnect Training: There are a variety of different classes available, contact ISIS Training to schedule a training session.
- Global Campus: Refresh your business skills and update your knowledge with face-to-face or online Professional Development courses, programs, and workshops. Gain the skills you need to be more productive with our Technology Training courses, including Microsoft and Adobe approved curriculum, through your choice of face-to-face, hands-on classes offered in Northwest Arkansas or online classes. Enhance your life and expand your understanding with Personal Enrichment classes, available online 24/7 to meet your schedule. Request Training
- Child Maltreatment: The University of Arkansas is strongly committed to maintaining a safe and secure environment for children. Register for Training
- Preventing Campus Violence: This exciting presentation will include everything you need to be prepared, from identifying and reporting possible threats to having your team prepared and knowing how to respond to various workplace threats. Seating is limited. Please register for this training through the EDP Training Calendar found here.
- UARK Lynda.com: University of Arkansas students, faculty and staff have FREE unlimited access to Lynda.com, an online library of high-quality instructional videos on the latest software tools and skills.