Applying for the BFA
B.F.A. Graphic Design Degree Application Requirements
Application to the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design will happen through Slideroom with a deadline of Friday, March 2, 2018. Please check back close to the application deadline for the Slideroom access.
At application time, students will need to obtain an unofficial course transcript from UA Connect demonstrating a 3.0+ GPA, upload two written statements, and a portfolio of work that should include mainly work from your UA ARTS foundation courses, as well as possibly any relevant self-initiated work. We are also interested in your process, so in addition to your 10–15 finalized pieces, scans of process and research sketchbooks are welcome as supplemental materials. Here is the Equipment List for those accepted to the program.
B.F.A. Art Education / Studio Art Degree Application Requirements
Applications may be made in the fall or spring semester. An informational meeting will be held mid-semester with application packets due one week before the end of the semester. Review of artwork portfolio will take place on Dead Day each semester.
Emphasis areas for B.F.A. Art Education // Ceramics, Drawing, Graphic Design, Painting, Photography, Printmaking or Sculpture
Emphasis areas for B.F.A. Studio Art // Ceramics, Drawing, Graphic Design, Painting, Photography, Printmaking or Sculpture
Art Education // University GPA must be 2.5 or greater; School of Art GPA must be 3.0 or greater
Studio Art // University GPA must be 2.0 or greater; School of Art GPA must be 3.0 or greater
Unofficial transcript, downloaded and printed from UAConnect
Page 2 of the application packet - printed and filled out, turned in to the School of Art office (with transcript attached)
- Speak with a faculty member in your desired emphasis for advice on work selection and presentation.
- Display 15 to 20 artworks from School of Art or transfer courses, as well as any relevant self-initiated work. Actual works are expected, but documentation/artifacts for some is acceptable.
- Install portfolios for Dead Day in assigned location. Faculty review will be from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. You must not be near your portfolio at this time.
- Professional presentation is required. Create labels for each work that lists title, date, medium, course number, name and instructor
- Remove portfolio between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Dead Day