Researchers and Instructors
Adnan Ali Khalaf Alrubaye
Clinical Assistant Professor and Associate Director of the Cell and Molecular Biology Program
J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences
- Microbiology of Bacterial Chondronecrosis and Osteomyelitis in Broilers
- Bacterial culturing, PCR and sequencing to genotype isolates for 16S rDNA
- Understanding the pathogenesis of Bacterial Chondronecrosis and Osteomyelitis
- General Microbiology
- Prokaryote Biology
- Principles of Biology
- Human Physiology
BVMs - July 2000; University of Baghdad
M.Sc. - February 2003; University of Baghdad
M. Ed. - May 2013; University of Arkansas
Ph.D. - May 2013; University of Arkansas
- Al-Rubaye, A. A. K., M. B. Couger, S. Ojha, J. F. Pummill, J. A. Koon, II, R. F. Wideman, Jr. and D. D. Rhoads (2015). Genome Analysis of Staphylococcus agnetis, an Agent of Lameness in Broiler Chickens. PLoS ONE 10(11): e0143336.
- Al-Rubaye, A. A. K., Ekesi, N. S., Zalo, S., Emami, N. R. F. Wideman, Jr. and D. D. Rhoads (2016). Chondronecrosis with Osteomyelitis in Broilers: Further Defining a Bacterial Challenge Model Using the Wire Flooring Model. Poultry Science. Submitted.
- Wideman, R. F., Al-Rubaye, A., Kwon, Y. M., Blankenship, J., Lester, H., Mitchell, K. N. & Schleifer, J. (2015). Prophylactic administration of a combined prebiotic and probiotic, or therapeutic administration of enrofloxacin, to reduce the incidence of bacterial chondronecrosis with osteomyelitis in broilers. Poultry science, 94(1), 25-36.
- Wideman Jr., R. F., Al-Rubaye, A., D. Reynolds, D. Y., Lester, H., Spencer, C., Hughes, J. M., & Pevzner, a. I. Y. (2014). Bacterial chondronecrosis with osteomyelitis in broilers: Influence of sires and straight-run versus sex-separate rearing. Poultry science, 93(7), 1675-1687.
- Wideman, R. F., Al-Rubaye, A., Gilley, A., Reynolds, D., Lester, H., Yoho, D.& Pevzner, I. (2013). Susceptibility of 4 commercial broiler crosses to lameness attributable to bacterial chondronecrosis with osteomyelitis. Poultry science, 92(9), 2311-2325.
- Krishnamoorthy, S., Smith, C. D., Al-Rubaye, A. A., Erf, G. F., Wideman, R. F., Anthony, N. B., & Rhoads, D. D. (2014). A quantitative trait locus for ascites on chromosome 9 in broiler chicken lines. Poultry Science, 93(2), 307-317 .
- Mandal1, R. K. Jiang1, T. Alrubaye, A. A., Rhoads, D. D., Wideman Jr., R. F., Zhao, J., Pevzner, I., and Kwon1, Y. M. (2016). Bacteremia and Lameness: An investigation into blood microbiota associated with Bacterial Chondronecrosis with Osteomyelitis (BCO) in Broilers. Scientific Reports (2016).