- Determination of three-dimensional solution structures of proteins using multidimensional NMR spectroscopy.
- Characterization of protein-protein interactions using a variety of biophysical techniques such as circular dichroism, fluorescence spectroscopy, Isothermal titration calorimetry, Infrared spectroscopy and NMR spectroscopy.
- Investigation of the backbone dynamics of proteins based on 15N-and 13C-relaxation measurements using NMR spectroscopy.
- Rational design of drugs by SAR by NMR and molecular modeling techniques.
- Characterization of protein-folding/unfolding pathways of beta-sheet proteins and membrane proteins.
- Development of new pulse sequences for multidimensional NMR spectroscopy.
- Understanding the specificity of protein aggregation. Characterization of amyloid-like fibrils and development of new experimental strategies to recover recombinant proteins from inclusion bodies
Ph.D., Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
108. S. Jayanthi & T. K. S. Kumar. (2011) Cloning of WAP domain proteins. Book Chapter in Molecular Cloning (ISBN 978-953-307-398-9) Publisher – In Tech, New York, USA.
107. N. Lewis, A.D. Kight, A.Daily, T. K. S. Kumar, R. L. Henry, and R. L. Goforth (2010) The C Terminus of Alb3 Interacts with the Chromodomains 2 and 3 of cpSRP43.J. Biol. Chem., 285 (53), 26-28.
106.N. Lewis, N. J. Marty, K. M. Kathir, D. Rajalingam, A. D. Kight, A. E. Daily, T. K. S. Kumar, R.L. Henry, and R.L.Goforth. (2010) A Dynamic CpSRP43-Alb3 Interaction Mediates Translocase Regulation of cpSRP Target Components Interaction of cpSRP43 and the C-terminus of Albino3 Mediates Translocase Regulation of cpSRP. J. Biol. Chem., 285 (44), 34220-34230.
105. Kathir, K. M., L. Gao., D. Rajalingam, A. Daily, H. Liu, D. Davis, P. Adams, I Prudovsky, T. K. S Kumar. (2010) Characterization of the Copper and Lipid Interactions of the C2B domain of Synaptotagmin 1 - Relavance to the Non-Classical Secretion of the Human Acidic Fibroblast Growth Factor. Invited Article Biochem. Biophys. Acta.- Biomembranes, 1798, 297-302.
104. Aranganathan, S., T. K. S. Kumar, C. M. Huang, C.Yu and D.H. Chin. A superior drug carrier – aponeocarzinostatin in a partially unfolded state fully protects the labile enediyne (2009) J. Biomed. Sci.,16, 48-56.
103. N. Marty, D. Rajalingam, A. Kight, Fologea, D., T. K. S. Kumar, R. Henry and R. L. Goforth. Membrane-activated structural switch mechanism in signal recognition particle receptor function. (2009) J. Biol. Chem. 284, 14891-14903 (Chosen as the paper of the week by the Editor of the Journal)
102. Graziani, I., A. Doyle, S. Sterling, Kirov, A., F. Tarantini, M. Landriscina, T. K. S. Kumar, D. Neivandt, and I. Prudovsky (2009) Protein folding does not prevent the nonclassical export of FGF1and S100A13.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 381, 350-354.
101. Rajalingam, D., C. Loftis, J. Xu and T. K. S. Kumar (2009) Trichloroacetic Acid-Induced Protein Precipitation Involves the Reversible Association of a Stable Partially Structured Intermediate. Protein. Sci. 18, 980-993.
100. Kandasamy, J., P. Hariharan, T. K. S. Kumar, C. Yu, T.H. Lu and D. H. Chin. (2008) Is association of labile chromophore to aponeocarzinostatin a mutually assured protection for carrier protein. Analytical Biochem. 381, 18 – 26.
99. Kathir, K.M., D. Rajalingam, V. Sivaraja, R. Goforth, C. Yu, R. Henry and T. K. S. Kumar. (2008)Assembly of chloroplast signal recognition particle involves structural rearrangement in cpSRP43. (2008) J. Mol. Biol., 381, 49 – 60.
98. Ananthamurthy, K., K. M. Kathir, A. Kight, R. Goforth, R. Henry and T. K. S. Kumar (2008) 1H, 15N, and 13C resonance assignments of the C-terminal domain of the 43 kDa subunit of the chloroplast signal recognition particle. Biomolecular Resonance Assignments, 2, 37-39.
97. Sharma, P., D. Rajalingam, T. K. S. Kumar and S. Singh. Light scattering studies of Fibroblast growth factor (FGF) interaction with ribonuclease (RNase) and D2 domain proteins (2008). Biophys. J., 94, 71-73.
96. Rajalingam, D., K. M. Kathir, K. Ananthamurthy, P. D. Adams and T. K. S. Kumar. An efficient method to prevent degradation of recombinant proteins by Thrombin (2008). Anal. Biochem., 375, 361-363.
95. Prudovsky, I., F. Tarantini, M. Landriscina, D. Neivandt, R. Soldi, A. Kirov, D. Rajalingam, T. K. S. Kumar. Secretion without Golgi. (2008) J. Cell. Biochem. 103, 1327-1343.
94. K. M. Kathir, K. Ibrahim, D. Rajalingam, I. Prudovsky and T. K. S. Kumar. S100A13 lipid interactions – Role in the non-classical secretion of the acidic fibroblast growth factor. (2007) Biochim. Biophys. Acta.,1768, 3080.
93. Ghule, A. K., K. M. Kathir, T. K. S. Kumar, C. Yu and Y. C. Ling) Carbon nanotubes prevent 2, 2, 2, -trifluoroethanol induced aggregation of protein (2007) Carbon, 45, 1586.
92. Rajalingam, D., I. Graziani, I. Prudovsky, C. Yu. and T. K. S. Kumar. Acidic Fibroblast growth factor and the C2A domain of synaptotagmin exist as partially structured states under acidic conditions – Relevance in the non-classical secretion of the fibroblast growth factor. (2007) Biochemistry, 46, 9225.
91. Rajalingam, D., D. Kacer, I. Prudovsky and T. K. S. Kumar. Molecular cloning, overexpression and characterization of interleukin 1a. (2007) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 360, 604.
90. An, T., T. K. S. Kumar, M. Wang, L.Lu, J. Lay, R.Linayage, J. Berry, M. Gantar, V.Marks, R. E. Gawley and K. S. Rein. The Structures of Pahayokolides A and B: Two Cyclic Peptides from a Lyngbya sp. (2007) J. Nat. Prod., 70, 730.
89. Graziani, I., C. Bagala, M. Duarta, R. Soldi, V. Kolev, F. Tarantini, T. K. S. Kumar, A. Doyle, D. Neivandt, C. Yu, T. Maciag and I. Prudovsky. Non-classical release of FGF-1 and p40 synaptotagmin 1 correlates with their membrane destabilizing properties. (2006) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 349, 192.
88. Sivaraja, V., T. K. S. Kumar, D. Rajalingam, I. Graziani, I. Prudovsky and C. Yu. Copper binding affinity of S100A13, a key component of FGF-1 Non-Classical Copper-Dependent Release Complex. (2006)Biophys. J. 91, 1832.
87. Hseih, H. C., T. K. S. Kumar, T. Sivaraman and C. Yu. Refolding of a Small All Beta-Sheet Protein Proceeds with Accumulation of Kinetic Intermediates (2006) Arch. Biochem. Biophys., 447, 147.
86. Kathir, K. M., T. K. S. Kumar and C. Yu. Understanding the Anti-Mitogenic Activity of Suramin (2006)Biochemistry, 45, 899.
85. Sivaraja, V., T. K. S. Kumar, P. S. T. Leena, A. Chang, C. Vidya, R. Goforth, D. Rajalingam, A. Kannan, J. L.Ye, J. Chou, R. Henry and C. Yu. Three-dimensional Solution Structures of the Chromo Domains of cpSRP43. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 41465.
84. Hung, K. W., T. K. S. Kumar, K. M. Kathir, P. Xu, F. Ni, H. H. Ji, M. C. Chen, C. C. Yang, F. P. Lin and C. Yu. Solution Structure of the Ligand-Binding Domain of the Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor – Role of Heparin in the Activation of the Receptor. (2005) Biochemistry, 44, 15787.
83. Rajalingam, D., T. K. S. Kumar and C. Yu. C2A Domain of Synaptotagmin Exhibits High Binding Affinity for Copper – Implications in the Formation of the Multiprotein Release Complex. (2005)Biochemistry, 44, 14431.
82. Rajalingam, D., T. K. S. Kumar, R. Soldi, I Graziani, I. Prudovsky and C. Yu. Molecular Mechanism of Inhibition of the Non-Classical FGF-1 Export (2005) Biochemistry, 44, 15472.
81. Sivaraja, V., T. K. S. Kumar, I. Prudovsky and C. Yu Three-Dimensional Solution Structure of a Unique S100 Protein. (2005) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 335, 1140.
80. Kathir, K. M., T. K. S. Kumar, D. Rajalingam and C. Yu. Time-dependent Changes in the Denatured State(s) Affect Folding Mechanism of an All Beta-Sheet Protein. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280. 29682.
79. Sivaraja, V.; T. K. S. Kumar, and C. Yu. Resonance Assignments for Mouse S100A13 (2005)Assignment of 1H, 13C, and 15N Resonances in S100A13 (2005) J. Biomol. NMR, 32, 257.
78. Jayachithra, K., T. K.S. Kumar, T. J. Lu, C. Yu, C. and D. H. Chin Cold Instability of Aponeocarzinostatin and its stabilization by Labile Chromophore (2005) Biophys. J., 88, 4252.
77. Hsieh, H. C., T. K. S. Kumar, Chiu, C. C and C. Yu. Equilibrium Unfolding of an Oligomeric Protein Involves the Formation of a Multimeric Intermediate. (2005) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 326, 108.
76. Kumar, T. K. S. and C. Yu. Monitoring Protein Folding at Atomic Resolution. (2005) Acc. Chem. Res., 37, 929.
75.Hung, K. W., T. K. S. Kumar and C. Yu. 1H, 13C and 15N chemical shift assignments of the D2 domain of the fibroblast growth factor receptor. (2004) J. Biomolec. NMR., 30, 99.
74. Hsieh, H. C., T. K. S. Kumar and C. Yu. Cloning, overexpression, and characterization of cobrotoxin. (2004) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 320, 1374.
73. Hung, K. W., T. K. S. Kumar and C. Yu. Molecular cloning, overexpression, and characterization of the ligand-binding D2 domain of fibroblast growth factor receptor. (2004) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 317, 253.
72. Srisailam, S., T. K. S. Kumar, D. Rajalingam, K. M. Kathir, H. S. Sheu, F. J. Jan, P. S. Chao and C. Yu. Amyloid-like formation in an all beta sheet protein. Partially Structured State(s) is a precursor for Fibril Formation (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 17701.
71. Srimathi, T., T. K. S. Kumar,, K. M. Kathir, Y. H. Chi, S. Srisailam, W. Y. Lin and C. Yu. Structurally Homologous all Beta-Barrel Proteins Adopt Different Folding Mechanisms (2003) Biophys. J., 85, 459.