Summer Research Program 2019 - Chemistry and Biochemistry
Program Dates: May 19, 2019 - July 26, 2019
The department of chemistry and biochemistry at the University of Arkansas is proud to sponsor a National Science Foundation supported REU program for the 29th year in 2019.*
The application is available at reu.uark.edu.Submit your REU Application
The deadline to apply is March 1, 2019.
The 10-week summer program allows undergraduate chemistry majors, who will be juniors or seniors in fall 2019, to carry out research in a chosen area, including:
- Analytical chemistry
- Biochemistry and protein dynamics
- Inorganic chemistry and nanotechnology
- Organic chemistry
- Physical or theoretical chemistry
Participants will present the results of their summer projects at the conclusion of the program. During the course of the program, participants will visit NCTR or the FutureFuel Chemical Company in Batesville. (expenses paid by the program).
At the conclusion of the program, the Tony Jude Award will be given to the top student in the program.
Those selected will be enrolled as students at the University of Arkansas and will receive one hour research credit. All privileges normally enjoyed by university students will be extended to all summer REU students.
Both dormitory and off-campus housing are available. Participants will receive a scholarship of up to $5,100 and a living allowance of up to $2,200.
Each participant will be given $395 to attend a national or regional conference in 2019-2020.*
Interested applicants should complete the following three steps to apply by the deadline March 1, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Pick up to 3 potential projects.
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit transcripts and two letter of recommendation forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or REU, CHEM 119, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701 (recommendation forms are due by March 22, 2019)
- Notification of admission decision by March 30, 2019 or sooner.
- Students deadline to notify the Chemistry Department acceptance will be listed on the offer letter.
NOTE: Please note that information provided in the application may be used to report statistics to the National Science Foundation or other reporting agencies in an aggregate report. All information provided will remain confidential
*Dependent upon funding