Summer Research Program 2023 - Chemistry and Biochemistry - pending
Program Dates: pending
The chemistry and biochemistry department at the University of Arkansas is proud to sponsor* a National Science Foundation supported REU program for the 31st year in 2023. *Dependent upon funding
The 10-week summer program allows undergraduate chemistry majors who will be juniors or seniors in fall 2023 to carry out research in a chosen area:
|Analytical chemistry||Biochemistry and protein dynamics||Inorganic chemistry and nanotechnology||Organic chemistry||Physical or theoretical chemistry|
- Participants will present the results of their summer projects at the conclusion of the program.
- During the course of the program, participants will visit NCTR or the FutureFuel Chemical Company in Batesville (expenses paid by the program.)
- At the conclusion of the program, the Tony Jude Award will be given to the top student in the program.
College CreditThose selected will be enrolled as students at the University of Arkansas and will receive one hour research credit. All privileges normally enjoyed by university students will be extended to all summer REU students.
ScholarshipsBoth dormitory and off-campus housing are available. Participants will receive a scholarship of up to $5,100 and a living allowance of up to $2,200.
Conference AllowanceEach participant will be given $395 to attend a national or regional conference in 2020-2021. *Dependent on funding
STEP 1 - Project List - Applicants should select up to three potential projects
|Faculty mentor||Project title|
Step 2 - Application
- Students deadline to notify the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department of acceptance will be listed on the offer letter
- Information provided in the application will be used to report statistics to the National Science Foundation or other reporting agencies in an aggregate report. All information provided will remain confidential
- For inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org