Communication Emergency Fund
Communication Department Student Emergency Fund provides:
Need-based assistance to Communication undergraduate majors and COMM graduate students with an unforeseen financial emergency beyond their control that hinders their ability to continue in school.
To be eligible for consideration, students must:
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 or more hours).
- Be currently enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student in the Communication BA or MA program.
- Be in good academic standing (at least 2.0 GPA for undergraduates/3.0 for graduate students)
- Be experiencing an unexpected or unanticipated financial emergency that puts their education at risk.
- Submit an application first to either the UA Cares Emergency Fund (if undergraduate) or Needy Family Emergency Fund (if graduate). Communication Department Emergency Fund will only consider any unfulfilled aid after award from UA Cares or Needy funds.
- Submit an online to the Communication Department Emergency Fund and upload any supporting documents. Note a typical award will not exceed $250.00.
- A faculty committee will review each application and make a recommendation to approve or deny the award request. Decisions by the committee are final.
- The student will be notified by the committee of the award decision.
- If approved, the recipient will be notified of payment instructions. Please note that the emergency aid is given in the form of a scholarship. Any outstanding balances on the student’s University account will be paid first, including balances on payment plans. Students may only receive aid up to the maximum aid amount set by Federal and State Law and University policy. This award will abide by all relevant policies and procedures.
- The student’s personal information and circumstances will remain confidential throughout the process.
Funding is limited and when funds are exhausted, awards will not be made.
Students may not be eligible to receive an additional award if one has already been awarded.
Apply to the Communication Department Student Emergency Fund