Renaissance Literature, Gender Studies, Heian Japan
Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley
- Editor, Faerie Queene Books 3 & 4, by Edmund Spenser (Cambridge, Mass.: Hackett Publishing, 2006);
- The Limits of Eroticism in Post-Petrarchan Narrative: Conditional Pleasure from Spenser to Marvell (Cambridge, 1998);
- "Finding the Feminine in Book IV" (Approaches to Teaching Spenser's "Faerie Queene" (MLA, 1994)),
- "'Newes of devils': Feminine Sprights in Masculine Minds in The Faerie Queen" (English Literary Renaissance, 1993);
- "Into Other Arms: Amoret's Evasion" (ELH, 1991; rev. and rpt. in Queering the Renaissance, Duke UP, 1994).