100th Anniversary Phi Alpha Theta super-Regional Virtual Conference 2021--CALL FOR PAPERS
CALL FOR PAPERS
100th Anniversary Phi Alpha Theta Super-Regional Virtual Conference
Arkansas and Surrounding Regions
March 12-13th, 2021
Hosted by the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville
The Alpha Chapter at the University of Arkansas is proud to host the 2021 Phi Alpha Theta Super-Regional Virtual Conference to mark the 100th anniversary of the founding of Phi Alpha Theta at the University of Arkansas. Undergraduate and graduate students from colleges and universities across the region are invited to participate in the virtual conference by presenting original research to a welcoming and supportive audience of students and faculty. Both members and non-members of Phi Alpha Theta are welcome to submit proposals in any field of history. Phi Alpha Theta members will be eligible for prizes.
Friday, March 12th: Keynote Speakers
Saturday, March 13th: Panel and Poster Sessions
Paper, panel, and poster topics may be on any field or area of history
• Submit an abstract of no more than 250 words for paper and poster applications
• Panel submissions are also welcome that include three closely related papers or round table colloquia. Please include a brief abstract of no more than 250 words for each panelist paper and a brief panel abstract describing the panel’s scope of no more than 200 words
• All submissions must include a working title for the proposed paper, panel, or poster, the presenter’s name(s), institution(s), status (graduate or undergraduate), and school email(s)
Virtual Posters: Due by 5:00pm on Friday, December 4th, 2020
• Posters may be designed as a slide or image using Powerpoint or other software that
includes up to 10-minute voice-over narration.
• Posters and narration should include an abstract, background, research questions, methods, results, conclusion, and references
• Accepted posters will be uploaded to the University of Arkansas History website for general access after final submissions on February 22nd
• Each poster presentation will be allotted 20 minutes for synchronous Q&A via Zoom on March 13th
Participants will be notified by January 15th, 2021
Final Papers/Panels/Posters: Due by 5:00pm on Monday, February 22nd, 2021
• Papers should be a maximum of 10 pages, typed, double-spaced in 12-point Times New
Roman font Title page should include paper title, presenter’s name(s), institution(s),
status (undergraduate or graduate), and the Phi Alpha Theta Chapter of which the presenter
is a member (if applicable).
• Papers should include footnotes or endnotes and full bibliography
• Virtual Zoom presentations are limited to 20 minutes or less per proposal, and 30 minutes per panel
**Pending the number of successful applications, we reserve the option to extend the conference to Sunday, March 14. If, for any reason, you are unavailable, please indicate on your application.
**Additional instructions, how-to videos, and other links can be found on the Facebook page: UARK Phi Alpha Theta Conference 2021 and #UARKPAT2021
Submission/questions to: Dr. Bethany Rosenbaum in History, University of Arkansas email@example.com