ACTM - Saturday, March 14th, 2020
Online registration for this year's ACTM competition. The entry fee is $2.00 per student. Online Registration Closes March 9th at 12:00pm! Total price is updated upon check-out, remember to check the box and your quantity to add students. We encourage schools and classes to register students taking the exam in groups, if possible.
Submitting registration fees though the website is preferred; however, there is a button within the registration tool to request an invoice.
The Arkansas Council of Teachers of Mathematics (ACTM) is a professional association that supports and encourages good mathematics teaching. ACTM conducts annual regional and state mathematics contests that provide an opportunity for high school students to compete academically. Following the regional contest, teachers may access the regional tests and use them as teaching tools in the designated courses.
- Competitions will be in six areas: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Trigonometry/Pre-Calculus, Calculus, and Statistics
- Student must be enrolled in a course or have completed a course during the current school year corresponding to the course title of the chosen exam(s).
- Students who have placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in either the previous year's Regional or State contests may not take their winning course area test.
- All tests will be multiple choice format with the exception of tie-breaker items.
- Each test will consist of no fewer than 20 and no more than 25 questions and three constructed response items.
- Tests will reflect the vision set forth by the NCTM Principles and Standards for School and Mathematics and the Arkansas Department of Education adopted frameworks and should reflect problem solving and conceptual understanding rather than routine manipulation.
Use of calculators that do not contain a subset of a compute algebra system (CAS) will be allowed. TI-83, TI-84, and TI-Inspire series calculators are allowed.
TI-89, TI-92, and TI-Inspire CAS calculators will NOT be permitted.
For more detailed rules and information, visit uca.edu/actm/.
Contest takes place March 14th at 10:00am. Students are asked to arrive in their respective rooms for their test being administered no later than 9:45am for final instructions and preparations!
Test concludes around 11:00am and representatives from the department will grade the exams. Reduced rate lunch at the Brough dining hall is available for students, parents, and sponsors until the awards ceremony at 12:30pm.
Awards ceremony will begin at 12:30pm in the Hillside Auditorium, room 202, and should end around 1:00pm.