Professor Singh joined the University of Arkansas in 1982, after completing his dissertation under Professor Leonard Mandel. Although primarily an experimentalist, he is equally apt at theory. He has done extensive work on quantum and classical noise in lasers, and nonlinear and quantum optics. In addition to continuing his research in these areas he is exploring applications of optics to the study of nanoparticles and biopolymers.
Lasers, quantum, classical, and nonlinear optics, light-matter interaction, and optical techniques in biophysics
Lasers, Quantum, Classical and Nonlinear Optics, Electromagnetic Theory, Quantum Mechanics, Introductory Physics,
Laser Physics (PHYS 4734/5734)
Optics (PHYS 3544), Fall 2016
University Physics II, Spring 2016
- "Book: Concepts in Quantum Mechanics, V. S. Mathur and S. Singh (CRC Press/Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton, FL, 2009).
- “Anomalous dynamical behavior of freestanding graphene membranes,” M.L. Ackerman, P. Kumar, M. Neek-Amal, P.M. Thibado, F.M. Peeters, S. Singh, Phys. Rev. Lett. 117, 126801 (2016).
- “A relativistic interaction Hamiltonian coupling the angular momentum of light and the electron spin,” R. Mondal, M. Berritta, C. Paillard, S. Singh, B. Dkhil, P. M. Oppeneer, and L. Bellaiche, Phys. Rev. B(RC) 92, 100402 (2015).
- “Polarization properties of the Airy beam,” Sean Nomoto, A. Aadhi, S. Prahbakar, R. P. Singh, R. Vyas, and S. Singh, Opt. Lett. 40, 4516-4519 (2015).
- “Revisiting galvanomagnetic effects in conducting ferromagnets,” R. Walter, V. Michel, S. Singh and L. Bellaiche, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 26, 432201 (2014).
- “Diffraction of Orbital Angular Momentum Carrying Optical Beams by a Circular Aperture,” A. Ambuj, R. Vyas, and S. Singh, Opt. Lett. 39, 5475-5478 (2014).
- "Coupling of the electromagnetic angular momentum density with magnetic moments: Proof and consequences,” A. Raeliarijaona, S. Singh. H. Fu, and L. Bellaiche, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 137205 (2013).
- "Coupling of the angular momentum density with magnetic moment ex[lains the intrinsic anomalous Hall Effect," L. Bellaiche, Wei Ren, and S. Singh, Phys. Rev. B88(RC), 161102 (2013).
- “Polarization of optical beams carrying orbital angular momentum,” J. Conry, R. Vyas, and S. Singh, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A30, 821–824 (2013).
- “Cross-polarization of Linearly Polarized Hermite-Gauss Laser Beams,” J. Conry, R. Vyas, and S. Singh, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A29, 579 (2012).
- “Effect of quadratic radial variation of phase on single slit diffraction of Laguerre-Gauss vortex beams,” A. Ambuj, H. Shiau, M. Lucini, R. Vyas, and S. Singh, J. Mod. Opt. 59, 1232 (2012).
Chair of the Department 1995 - 2002, 2005 - 2011.
Assistant Professor to Professor, University of Arkansas, 1982-92.
Outstanding Referee, American Physical Society Journals, 2015
Fellow, American Physical Society, 2003
Visiting Fellow, Joint Institute for Laboratory Astrophysics (JILA), University of Colorado, 1989-90.