Step 1: Submit Departmental Application Materials
Submit a clinical or experimental application form, personal statement, CV and supplemental materials.
All applicants will be asked to rank the faculty in order of your preference for who you would like to be your primary mentor. Learn more about our faculty.
- Completed Application
- Personal Statement
- You may also wish to attach supplementary materials to your application, such as writing samples, honors theses and/or preprints and reprints of publications.
Naming Your Files
Department application materials should be saved using the following naming conventions:
- Application: “LASTNAME_Program_Department_Application”
- Personal statement: “LASTNAME_Personal_Statement”
- CV: “LASTNAME_CV”
- Supplements: “LASTNAME_Supplement_Name”.
Step 2: Submit Graduate School Application Materials
Complete the general Graduate School online application form, submit your unofficial transcript, submit recommender information, and pay the $60 general application fee.
This involves a four-step process:
- Go to https://application.uark.edu/ and submit the entire application.
- Look for an email from the Office of Graduate and International Admissions with instructions on how to activate your Applicant Center in UA Connect.
- Activate your Applicant Center in UA Connect and then upload your unofficial transcripts and information regarding your recommenders. If admitted, you will be asked to submit official transcripts. Your letter writers will receive an email link for uploading their letter.
- Pay the $60 application fee.
If you have any questions about this step of the process, you can contact the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-575-4401.
Step 3: Submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Scores
Verbal, quantitative and analytical writing scores are required.
We require you to submit verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing scores from the General test. We do not require scores for the Subject Test in Psychology, but you may submit them if you wish. You may get information regarding the GRE on the web at http://www.gre.com/. Here are our institution codes:
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville Institution Code: 6866
Clinical Area Department Code: 2001
Experimental Area Department Code: 2007
Until your scores are sent by ETS, we will accept the unofficial scores you received on the computer at the time you took the GRE tests.
Step 4: Submit Letters of Recommendation
We require a minimum of three letters of recommendation, but will accept more.
Try to ask people (preferably professors) who can speak to your capacity for graduate study and scientific work in psychology. Recommendations from persons who have not had firsthand experience in graduate study tend not to be very useful.
Provide each writer's name and email address on both the department and graduate school applications. Ask writers to follow instructions in the automated email supplied after you provide the email address to the online application site.
Step 5: (Clinical only) Background Check
All clinical psychology trainees/student clinicians will be required to undergo a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. If documented offenses are determined to be substantially related to the qualifications, functions, or duties of training or professional practice in clinical psychology, the student will be barred from engaging in required clinical training activities, including practica.