The Social Work Action Group (SWAG) is a registered student organization for social work majors and minors. This group has been an integral part of the School of Social Work at the University of Arkansas for over a decade. A faculty advisor meets regularly with SWAG; however, the organization is for students and is run by students. The primary objective of SWAG is to enhance the learning experience of the social work student while attending the university. In addition to an expanded knowledge base, emphasis is placed upon promoting activities that will augment the student’s awareness and experience in social work. The SWAG organization also offers the opportunity for leadership development through its formalized structure and numerous committee activities. Through student involvement in SWAG, students can increase their involvement in social work issues thus becoming better prepared for a career in social work.
Phi Alpha is a social work honor society committed to serving the community and university. Members of Phi Alpha demonstrate excellence in scholarship, achievement, and community service. Members are required to complete at least 5 hours of service each semester to maintain active membership status.
Examples of service include:
- Community: volunteerism, human service organizations, events, etc.
- University: volunteerism on campus and/or School of Social Work
- Phi Alpha: attendance at service projects.
Students must meet the following criteria for membership. Applications are accepted in the fall and spring semester each academic year.
Undergraduate Requirements for Membership:
- Admitted into social work core or pursuing a social work minor
- Completed 9 credits of required social work courses
- Achieved an overall grade point average of 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Achieved a 3.50 grade point average in required social work courses
Graduate Requirements for Membership:
- Completed 9 credits of required graduate social work courses.
- Achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale)
Faculty Advisor: Sara Collie, LCSW
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow our chapter on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Phi-Alpha-Xi-Epsilon-Chapter-394816083974996/timeline/?ref=hl
The National Alliance on Mental Illness University of Arkansas Club (NAMI UA) is a student led organization that strives to decrease stigma and discrimination associated with mental illness. By empowering students to use their voice, NAMI UA aspires to eliminate barriers and increase awareness throughout the campus community. This RSO is open to any University of Arkansas student and many different departments are represented in the NAMI UA membership.
Faculty Advisor: Whitney Payne, LCSW
Email Contact: email@example.com