Lori C. Holyfield
J. William Fulbright College of Arts & Sciences
Sociology of culture and social psychology (symbolic interaction and emotions). Management of own and others’ emotions in organizations and public arenas, in both work and non-work settings.
Ph.D., University of Georgia
- Holyfield, Lori, Lilian Jonas and Anna Zajicek. 2005. “Adventure without Risk Is Like Disneyland.” Pp. 173-186 in Edgework: The Sociology of Risk Taking, edited by Stephen Ling. New York: Routledge Press.
- Zajicek, Anna M., Al Lord and Lori Holyfield. 2003. The History of the Women's Movement in Northwest Arkansas, 1970-present. Arkansas Historical Quarterly, Vol. LXII, No. 2: 1-27.
- Holyfield, Lori, Anna M. Zajicek, and Jolanta Grotowska-Leder. 2003. New Trends in Social Policy: Lessons from the 1996 Welfare Reform in the United States. Journal of Social Policy 2: 7-12 (in Polish, Reforma Amerykanskiego Systemu Pomocy Spolecznej dla Matek z Dziemi w Latach 90.)
- Holyfield, Lori and Lilian Jonas. From River God to Research Grunt Identity, Emotions, and the River Guide. Journal of Symbolic Interaction. Vol 26: 2.
- Holyfield, Lori. 2003. [Book Review] Heroic Efforts: The Emotional Culture of Search and Rescue Volunteers. By Jennifer Lois. American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 109: 3.
- Holyfield, Lori. 2002. Moving Up and Out: Poverty, Education, and the Single Parent Family. Philadelphia: Temple University Press.