Because community is an important part of language and culture, we encourage all students to be active in organizations on campus that appeal to them and their studies. The department of World Languages, Literatures & Cultures would like to highlight some recommended student organizations:
African Students Organization (ASO)
- To expose U of A community to African Culture To Grow and Explore with the U of A community
- Primary Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caribbean Students Association (CSA)
- It shall be the purpose of the Caribbean Students Association to profide a balanced schedule of cultural, social, educational and recreational events for the enjoyment and benefit of Caribbean and non-Caribbean students at the University of Arkansas.
- Primary Advisor: email@example.com
Chinese Language and Culture Club (CLCC)
- CLCC's purpose is to organize and carry out activities that will help students of Chinese interact with native Chinese students in order to promote learning of both the Chinese language and Chinese culture.
- Primary Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chinese Students and Scholars Association (CSSA)
- To serve as the chief representative organization for matters pertaining to Chinese culture and people, and to connect the university to the Chinese community through campus events and activities.
- Primary Advisor: email@example.com
French Film Club
- The purpose of the French Film Club is to show French language films on campus, in order to increase exposure to and appreciation for French and Francophone language and culture. We invite students and speakers of French at any level, as well as non-French speakers, to participate and attend.
- Primary Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hispanic Law Student Association (HNBA)
- The purpose of the organization is to encourage Hispanic students to continue their studies in Law Schools, to promote diversity on campus, to become the voice of Hispanics in our Law School, and create awareness on issues impacting the Hispanic community
- Primary Advisor: email@example.com
Il Circolo Italiano
- The purpose of Il Circolo Italiano is to spread awareness of Italian culture andlanguage.
- Primary Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Bolivian Organization (IBO)
- Provide a forum in which participants create awareness for Bolivian culture through educational, social, and recreational activities and where Bolivian students get involved in more university's activities.
- Primary Advisor: email@example.com
International Students Organization (ISO)
- To promote diversity at the University. To initiate, promote, and support academic, athletic, cultural, and social activities, to stimulate participation, interaction and globalization between International students, the domestic students and Northwestern Arkansas community.
- Primary Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Japanese Student Association (JSA)
- Our purpose is to promote friendship and understanding of culture among the people of Japan, United States and other nations.
- Primary Advisor: email@example.com
Panamanian Student Organization (PSO)
- To offer the student community at the University of Arkansas an opportunity to experience Panamanian culture.
- Primary Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To educate the campus and community of African and African American cultures and studies in order to bring understanding and appreciation of all cultures and differences to the campus and community.
- Primary Advisor: email@example.com
Study Abroad Student Association (SASA)
- To provide a community of returned study abroad students who can relate both with each other and the international community of Fayetteville and to assist to Office of Study Abroad in promoting overseas opportunities.
- Primary Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org