Study Abroad for Students of Arabic
With so many opportunities available through MEST and the Honors College, virtually every Arabic student has the chance to enhance their Arabic studies with a summer, semester, or year-long study abroad experience, with full funding. Studying abroad can be transformative for your language abilities and personal growth.
STUDY ABROAD EXPERIENCES FROM OUR STUDENTS
"Studying abroad completely overhauled my Arabic experience. Being immersed in Arabic allowed me to learn the language quickly and to pick up on different aspects of grammar and vocabulary that I would’ve have been able to otherwise. I had the opportunity to work on projects, to write speeches, to ask questions and to be challenged, all of which gave me a much better understanding of Arabic."
- Hunter Hall -
"Studying in Morocco as well as the UAE was an amazing experience that I will never forget. While I have been on many study abroad programs, there is nothing like studying in the MENA region while you are studying the language and culture at the same time."
- Zac Smith -
Recommended Study Abroad Programs for Students of Arabic
The following three programs are most recommended by our faculty. Many of our students have had wonderful experiences during these programs, and we have the upmost confidence in their quality. However, there are plenty of other options. Check them out below!
- AALIM (Arab American Language Institute in Morocco), Morocco
- Arabi Center for Arabic Studies, Alexandria, Egypt
- Arabic Language Institute, The American University in Cairo, Egypt
- CASA (Center for Arabic Study Abroad)
- CLS (Critical Language Scholarship)
- Gillman International Scholarship
- ISA (International Study Abroad), Meknes, Morocco
- Noor Majan Arabic Institute, Oman
- Qalam wa Lawh Center, Morocco
- Qasid Arabic Institute, Amman, Jordan
- SALAM program, Oman
- SIT (School for International Training)
- SINARC program, Lebanese American University, Beirut, Lebanon
- CAMES Center for Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Middlebury College Language Schools
- Middlebury College School in Jordan
- Jordan Language Academy