World Languages and Digital Humanities Studio
The World Languages & Digital Humanities Studio (previously known as the Center for World Languages) is located in the J.B. Hunt Center for Academic Excellence building in room 207, next to Kimpel Hall. Through events and research initiatives, the WLDH Studio explores the intersection of digital technology and the humanities, with special attention to the study of world cultures. The WLDH Studio team is dedicated to innovative pedagogy and research along with the meaningful integration of digital media and tools in the classroom.
As of fall 2022, the WLDH Studio has been holding workshops dedicated to student success and the exploration of immersive VR technology and environments to assist with the acquisition and study of world languages. The Studio is equipped with eight computers, a color printer, two HDMI-compatible TV monitors, and is currently building a podcast booth.
The WLDH Studio accepts booking requests via Google Form here. To see the full calendar (updated daily), add the Studio's email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your Outlook. This email address is used for general Studio inquiries as well.
- Please ensure that you submit your request ahead of time so the details can be finalized in time for your event.
- If your event will require catering, please submit your request no less than 7 days in advance.
- There is a refrigerator in the Studio that can be used to store perishable items, however the refrigerator is cleaned every Friday and all perishable items will be disposed of.
- The WLDH Studio has three spaces: the main studio space, the studio lobby (outside of the main space), and the back conference room. The conference room and lobby are both equipped with HDMI-compatible screens at this time and the main studio space is equipped with eight computers and a color printer.
- Space is limited within the Studio; the conference room can hold approximately 30 people, whereas the main space and lobby are more flexible. Please note that we prioritize health, safety, and sanitation in the WLDH Studio per CDC guidelines.
- Currently, the Studio does not have a designated cleaning staff. Everyone is individually responsible for cleaning up after themselves and trash disposal.
- If you have any questions, or if you have not been contacted about your booking request within 3 business days, please contact the Studio team at email@example.com .