Applying to Medical School
From MCAT to Acceptance
Arrange letters of recommendation
- Schedule meetings with letter writers if possible
- Use this waiver form as source of guidelines
Assemble college transcripts
Schedule appointments with Career Development Center
- Headshot photo
- Mock interview(s)
Begin work on AMCAS or other application
What you need:
- Completed AMCAS (TMDSAS, AACOMAS) form
- Headshot photo (jpg, png)
- Completed AMCAS gpa spreadsheet
- PMAC committee letter waiver form
What you do:
- Fill out the PMAC application form. It will ask you to upload the items listed above.
- Have your Individual letters of recommendation emailed or mailed, as described in the instructions on the LOR waiver/request form.
- For the 2020 summer 1 application cycle, you must take the MCAT on or before May 29, and submit the PMAC form and have letters sent in by 11:59 p.m. on June 8th, 2020
- For the 2020 summer 2 application cycle, you must take the MCAT on or before June 27, and submit the PMAC form and have letters sent in by 11:59 p.m. on July 15th, 2020
- For the fall application cycle, you must submit the completed PMAC form and letters by 11:59 p.m. August 26th, 2020
Submission of your PMAC application is the prerequisite for the PMAC interview. During the summer cycle, interviews will be scheduled by program advisors and communicated to applicants via email. The interview period is typically from mid-June to mid-July.
For the fall 2019 cycle, an on-line interview sign-up is used (time TBA). Applicants choose the interview slot, first-come first-served. Applicants should choose interviewers with whom they are not already familiar, if possible.
We recommend that you submit your primary application (to AMCAS and/or AACOMAS) after your PMAC interview. For Texas residents applying through TMDSAS, this may not be advisable - submitting before August 1 is recommended.
Once you've clicked submit, it is now an excellent time to thank your individual letter writers. Thank you notes, thank you emails, and thank yous in person are all appropriate and highly recommended.
Committee letters are based on application materials, interviews, and MCAT scores. (Note that MCAT scores are not required to submit forms or for the PMAC interviews themselves.) Applicants are evaluated as soon as all materials are available, during regularly scheduled meetings of the PMAC. Committee letters are typically uploaded to application services within 10 days of the evaluation.
- Application Services
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Premedical Advisory Committee
- Medical School Interview