Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service
Most medical schools, but not all, in Texas utilize the TMDSAS. This application service is not used by the Baylor College of Medicine (see below under AMCAS), since Baylor is a private medical school in Texas.
Texas Medical Schools that use the TMDSAS
- Texas A&M University System Health Sciences Center College of Medicine
- Texas Tech University HSC School of Medicine at El Paso
- Texas Tech University HSC School of Medicine at Lubbock
- University of North Texas HSC - Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (UTSouthwestern)
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
- McGovern Medical School (formerly the University of Texas Medical School at Houston)
- University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio
- University of Texas at Austin, Dell Medical School
Letters of Evaluation
Unlike schools that use AMCAS, where letters are sent to individual schools, letters of evaluation from the Premedical Advisory Committee and personal letters of recommendation are submitted directly to the TMDSAS.
Programs in Texas that use AMCAS
A completed AMCAS (American Medical College Application Service) form is used by the Baylor College of Medicine and for applicants to theM.D./Ph.D. program at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School at Dallas, the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, and the University of Texas Medical School at Houston.Source: BCM website