Premedical Students Organizations
"Leadership is not the private reserve of a few charismatic men and women. It is a process that ordinary people use when they are bringing forth the best from themselves and others."
This quote is taken from the book, Time to Heal: American Medical Education from the Turn of the Century to the Era of Managed Care, by Kenneth M. Ludmerer.
The University of Arkansas has over 200 registered student organizations (RSOs) on campus for students who want to get involved. The Office for Student Involvement & Leadership located in the Student Union compiles a list of all the RSOs for easy access. The student organizations are categorized according to the different interest groups.
TYPES OF STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- SPECIAL INTEREST
To obtain more information visit the University of Arkansas RSO web site.
Leadership Development and Volunteerism
All Premed students should take the time to discover what leadership is and how to develop leadership skills. Good physicians need to be leaders, not followers. The University of Arkansas has numerous opportunities to learn about leadership and volunteerism.
Programs Offered Through the Office of Student Activities at the University of Arkansas:
- University Leadership Retreat (Fall semester)
- Emerging Leaders Program (January - March)
- Spring Leadership Conference (April)
- Leadership Resource Library
- Leadership & Service Awards
- Volunteer Action Center
- Volunteer Fair (September)
- Make-A-Difference Day (October)
- Service Learning Partnerships
- Alternative Spring Break Program
- Student Day of Caring (April)
- Volunteer Action Center on campus
Office for Student Involvement & Leadership
Student Life Center
For more info about volunteer opportunities for premed students visit the Alpha Epsilon Delta website