Leadership & Entrepreneurship
Professionals within this career community bring the right combination of people and skillsets together to accomplish goals. Key skillsets for careers within this career community are having a strong understanding of people, ideas, management, organizational structure, finances and budgets in order to strategically influence others and create change. Positive attitudes, willingness to take risks, staying focused on the plan, and maintaining motivation to see it through are important qualities to success within Leadership & Entrepreneurship. Common tasks within these kinds of careers include planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing, and managing an organization.
Intentional Wandering Action Steps
Curiosity is the key to making the most of your college experience. Intentional wandering within your career community provides focus and purpose to your collective experiences. Explore, Practice and Connect in everything that you do.
Examples of Professions
Start-up Founder, Health Care Administrator, Nonprofit Director, Business Consultant,
Small Business Owner, Project Manager, Chief Executive Officer, Elected Leadership
(government and nonprofit), Manager in Training, etc.
Examples of Employers
Walmart, Tyson, JB Hunt, Schneider, AT&T, Johnson & Johnson, Compass Group, Total
Quality Logistics, Cox Communication, City of Little Rock, Southwest Air, American
Airlines, ModThink, and many local start-ups
Ready for More?
Learn more about this Career Community:
A timeline for this career community both in and out of the classroom in order to prepare for a successful future. Use this as a guide as you plan your own Fulbright College experience - make the most of your time here!
A sample resume when you graduate if you are part of this Career Community.
If you have questions, start with your academic advisor in the Fulbright College Academic Advising Center or visit the Career Development Center.
- Organization Development Associations: Organization Development Network, International Organization Development Association, Organization Development Professionals
- Human Resource Professional Associations: Society For Human Resource Management, Human Resource Associations, Human Resources Professionals Association
- Careers in Healthcare Management: American College of Healthcare Executives
- Professional Associations: American Society for Public Administration, International City/County Management Association, National Forum for Black Public Administrators
- Local Government Offices: USA.gov lists of cities and counties
- State Government Offices: USA.gov lists of states
- UARK Master’s Program: Public Administration