Museum Student Advisory Council
For Students, By Students.
Thank you for your interest in the University of Arkansas Museum’s Student Advisory Council. The Museum holds extensive collections in the fields of archeology, ethnology, geology, history, and zoology. Being a resource for the campus community and beyond is a significant priority for the Museum. We currently achieve this through artifact loans, research inquiries, exhibitions, class visits, and special events in the community.
The Student Advisory Council will serve as an important voice for further shaping the Museum’s goals and outreach through a student perspective, making it a Museum for students and by students.
By joining the Council, you will:
- Gain leadership and earn resume experience
- Learn about the inner workings of a museum
- Explore the Museum’s vast collections
- Develop outreach events
- Influence how the Museum serves the UA campus
- Foster interdisciplinary connections across campus
- Serve as a Museum ambassador and raise awareness
- Museum experience is not necessary – just a desire to engage with people and explore the possibilities of the Museum collections.
All academic majors welcome, across the arts and sciences. Undergraduate and graduate students are both welcome. Diverse and inclusive perspectives will be key to the Council’s success.
This is a volunteer position that will include 1-2 meetings per month.
- If interested in joining the Museum's Student Advisory Council, please fill out and submit the form below.
- Applications are due by 12PM, January 16th.
**Important Update: Due to a higher volume of applications than expected, we will halt consideration for any more at midnight December 2nd, 2019. However, we still encourage you to apply in the event a spot opens up later or to be considered for the Council after Spring 2020. We apologize for the early closure!
- For any further questions, please email Laurel Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org.