Now Accepting HRSA Fellowship Applications
MSW PROGRAM INFORMATION SESSIONS
Prospective MSW students are invited to attend one of our regularly scheduled MSW Program Information Sessions. On-campus sessions include an overview of all program options, as well as admission requirements and application process. Online sessions are offered for those interested in our Online Advanced Standing MSW program. See the link below for upcoming session dates and how to register.
The Baccalaureate degree in Social Work has been offered at the University of Arkansas since 1940. The School has one of the oldest undergraduate social work programs in the United States. The program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
The undergraduate program has two primary education goals:
- preparation for culturally competent, empirically based, multi-system, beginning level
professional generalist practice across the life course
- the preparation of students for continuing their professional growth and development after graduation.
In order to achieve its basic purposes, the faculty, students, staff, and agency field instructors are involved in a variety of teaching, research, and outreach activities that involve them in the life of the university, communities around the state, and at the national level.
The mission of the University of Arkansas MSW program is to use the body of knowledge, values, and skills of the social work profession to:
- develop new social work knowledge through the conduct of research in the spirit of
scientific inquiry and the use of new technologies, especially in the area of poverty
- educate competent and effective advanced leader/practitioners committed to fundamental
social work values including service, social justice, integrity, the dignity and worth
of every person, competence and human rights
- apply research findings in outreach efforts through service and leadership in the development of social service delivery systems to improve the quality of life of poor and other vulnerable persons, families, groups, organizations and communities in Arkansas, nationally, and globally.