An application to our graduate program consists of the following:
- Application for Admission Form
Apply Online. The application fee will be reimbursed for all admitted U.S. citizens and permanent residents upon enrolling for classes. The fee is $60 for international students.
An official transcript is required from a college and university you have attended.
- Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required. There is no required form for the letters. At least two should be written by faculty familiar with your academic work.
- Statement of Goals
Include a statement indicating your goals in pursuing graduate study in our program.
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam)
The GRE general test is required for admission. The University of Arkansas institutional code is 6866.
Please note - the minimum requirements for admission to the Graduate School are not sufficient for admission to the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
It is our policy to only admit students that we believe are likely to be successful in our program, and we will use the entire application packet to make this determination. Please contact the graduate coordinator with questions about your application.
All applicants to the graduate programs are considered for financial support in the form of graduate teaching assistantships.
- February 1 - for full consideration, application for the fall semester should be received by this date
- August 1 - final application for admission for the fall are due for U.S. applicants
- April 1 - for international students.
Additional Information for International Students
The TOEFL (or IELTS) exam is required for most International students. The requirement for admission is a score of 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 79 on the internet-based test; or a score of 6.5 on the IELTS exam.
- Please also refer to the International Student specific application page for more information at https://international-admissions.uark.edu/index.php
For more information about the application process visit https://graduate-and-international.uark.edu/graduate/future-students/applying/index.php