To be admitted to any of our graduate programs, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
Graduate School admission requirements:
- a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- a 3.0 cumulative grade average on the last 60.0 credit hours of attempted coursework prior to the receipt of the baccalaureate degree for both the MA and MPA programs.
Department of Political Science requirements for the M.A. and M.P.A. programs:
- acceptance by the Graduate School
- satisfactory GRE score - 155 or better on the revised verbal section (500 or higher on tests taken before Fall 2011) and 145 or better on the revised quantitative section (500 or higher on tests taken before Fall 2011), and 4.5 or better on the writing assessment). We accept the LSAT for students applying to the J.D./M.A. or J.D./M.P.A. programs.
- three letters of reference
- a writing sample (such as a very good undergraduate term paper written in the last year of the B.A. program)
Deadlines for Fall admissions are June 1; Deadlines for Spring admissions are October 15. All material should be received by the graduate coordinator at that time. Two weeks prior to that date, individuals should have completed their electronic application to the Graduate School, paid admissions fee and requested transcripts from ALL institutions where the student has completed or attempted any or all undergraduate or graduate coursework. Please send your writing sample by email to Dr. Pat Conge.
To receive consideration for funding, financial aid applications should be submitted by March 1st for the Fall semester and September 1st for the Spring. For financial aid information visit the Financial Aid and Assistantships page.
To begin the application process, click here.
Dr. Pat Conge
University of Arkansas at Fayetteville
Department of Political Science
321 Old Main
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701