Russian at the UofA
You have a unique opportunity to explore a Russian interdisciplinary program that offers language courses, as well literature seminars on Russian and Russian-Jewish writers in English (RUSS 4133),which is cross-listed with the Honors College, Jewish Studies, Comparative Literature and International Studies. The literature seminar offers such topics as “Supernatural and Mundane in Russian 20th Century Lit.,” “Power and Protest from Pussy Riot to Dostoevsky,” and “Radicals, Rebels, and Revolutionaries.”
Russian language is offered from the elementary (RUSS 1003) through advanced levels (RUSS 3003). If you wish to pursue language learning beyond the fifth semester, you can either do a Study Abroad in Russia, or discuss the option of independent studies or an advanced course with the head of the program.
Nadja Berkovich - Section Head of Russian
Tatiana Kapustina - Fulbright FLTA for the Russian Program
PROFESSIONAL & ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES
- AC Russia Abroad
- Serendipity-Russia Teaching
- Serendipity-Russia Studying
- School of Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS)
- Bard-Smolny Study Abroad Program
- Critical Language Scholarship Program
- CIEE Study Abroad
- St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University - Summer Programs
- Boren Scholarship
- Gilman International Scholarship
- Fulbright US Student Program
Interested in Studying Russian at the UofA?
For more information about the Russian Program, contact Nadja Berkovich.