FULBRIGHT COLLEGE DEAN'S EMERGENCY RETENTION FUND
This emergency fund is intended to provide primarily immediate, one-time stopgap funding to help retain undergraduate students who would otherwise be unable to continue their education.
Preference will be given to those who are close to but would otherwise not be able to graduate because of extreme financial hardship.
This form is intended to help the college identify, prioritize needs and fund students as available funding allows, which will also help us be able to respond to students’ individual emergency needs as quickly as possible.
Expenses Covered by the Emergency Fund
Examples of emergencies to be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Books and other essential academic expenses
- Overdue utility bills reaching a turn-off notice
- Unexpected bills that would inhibit graduation
- Tuition holds and fees that are impeding enrollment
Expenses Not Covered by the Emergency Fund
- Health insurance and study abroad costs
- Non-essential personal bills
- Parking tickets, library fines, or other expenses mistakenly incurred
- Funds for the replacement of lost or stolen items
- More than one emergency request within a 6 month period