- New User Checklist
- Activate your UARK account and create a password to access email, wireless, Blackboard Learn, and other university online services.
- Access the University’s Exchange server at exchange.uark.edu for integrated email, calendar, and Lync messaging.
- Download free antivirus software for on- or off-campus computers.
- Set up mobile devices or laptop to access UA Secure, the University’s secure wireless service, with your UARK username and password. UA Wireless is also available for campus guests and offers limited Internet access.
- Learn about sending files too large for email attachments, using the computer labs, and staying safe by avoiding phishing and other online scams.
- Personal/Classroom Websites
- Students, faculty, and staff can create personal websites using UARK WordPress, a free, easy-to-use, open-source blogging and web publishing platform: https://wordpress.uark.edu.
- Classroom Technology
- The Faculty Technology Center staff can help launch a project using technology, provide students with online course materials, or identify ways to engage students using technology.
- Blackboard Learn, the University’s learning management system, allows students and faculty to participate in online classes or access online materials and activities to complement face-to-face classroom learning: learn.uark.edu.