Communication Tools and Resources
Below are a few commonly requested resources that are standard for all areas and employees in the Fulbright College. This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all resources for faculty and staff, but is a great starting point.
Write and share news on Newswire (news.uark.edu), the U of A's official news outlet.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to use the guide below when writing and submitting their Newswire stories.*
Editing & Review
The communications director will review and edit submitted stories before they run in Newswire. Email Fulbright Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
*It is the responsibility of the story author to understand and comply with their department's protocol prior to submitting their story.
Download and request logos, find usage guidelines, and download stationery.
Below is a zip file of the Fulbright College logo set. For departmental and other unit logos within Fulbright College, request your logo below.
All logo usage must comply with the U of A styleguide, and all branded materials must have approval from the director of creative services before going to print.
Email Fulbright Communications at email@example.com for approval or logo questions.
Order forms and downloads, including an editable letterhead.
Fulbright College Letterhead
- PMCS Letterhead Order Form
- Download the Digital Letterhead in Word Document format
Fulbright College Envelopes
- PMCS Envelope Order Form
Tools, resources, how-to's and tips for web managers in the Fulbright College.
The University's source for web information. Find training and tutorials, sign up for the newsletter, join the Web Community Group, and attend the WebFirst Conference on July 11, 2019!
OU Campus Support Site
OU's source for web information. Find documentation and detailed explanations of the features in OmniUpdate.
Update the directory list on your website and update individual profiles of faculty and staff.
Updating Individual Profiles
Faculty and staff can edit the information that shows up on website directories at campuswebdata.uark.edu (CWD).
- Log-in with your UARK ID and password.
- Click the "Edit" button to update your information.
- Your name, phone number, office number and other information must be changed through WebBasis. These items are marked on campuswebdata.
Where, when and how to get them.
University Relations will be offering professional portraits of new faculty during our normal studio hours from 10:00 to 12:00 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays weekly.
We will also have studio hours available on August 18th and 19th from 10:00 to 12:00.
These are scheduled times in 15 minute sessions.
The portrait studio is open on a limited basis, with the following modifications:
- It is not an open studio, please do not drop in without an appointment.
- Appointments will be scheduled every 15 minutes between 10 AM and noon on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Masks are recommended indoors.
- Photo subjects should enter the front door of Davis Hall and sign-in for their photo using the notebook on the podium in the lobby.
- The front desk attendant will notify the photographers of your arrival and direct you downstairs when the photographers are ready.
- If you would like to check your appearance before your photo, the bathroom is on your left at the bottom of the stairs, the studio is to your right at the bottom of the stairs.
- Appointments and cancellations can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include New Faculty Portrait in the subject line.
The photo studio is located in Davis Hall, 1030 West Maple Street at the northeast corner of Garland Avenue and Maple Street.
We are a 5 minute walk from most of the immediate campus.
A parking pass is available for your session. You will park in the visitors lot behind Unity House coming off of Lindell Avenue.
Just let us know when you make your appointment.
Please wear professional attire for your portrait. No logos or emblems please.
Our primary color is cardinal red. If you wear white, please bring a jacket or sweater to wear over it as well.
We have a nice dressing room available.
Note: This is your professional portrait, not your employee ID photo.
Easy, affordable and quality options from Print, Mail and Copy Solutions (PMCS) on campus.
- PMCS is the office of printing services on campus and can produce high quality products, including but not limited to flyers, posters, banners, t-shirts, and swag.
- PMCS offers competitive pricing, saving you up to 50% on a t-shirt order compared to local or online options.
Work with PMCS
- Email email@example.com to get an order started.
- Custom tees price list
- Browse the catalog of promotional items
- Visit the PMCS website
Q: Can they design something for me?
A: Yes, PMCS does provide some design services.
Q: What's the difference between printing and copying?
A: The only difference is the method of printing. Most orders will be copy. When the quantity of items to print reaches a certain point, printing may be the more affordable method. PMCS will recommend which method is best for your order.