In order to complete the Graduate Certificate in Technical Writing and Public Rhetorics, students must complete 12-credit hours of coursework. Starting in Fall 2023, the courses are planned to be regularized to a simple sequence with the option to take an outside course with advisor approval.
Current Core Courses
- ENGL 5513: Document Design for Technical Writers
- ENGL 5523: Technical Writing for Online Audiences
- ENGL 5533: Technical Writing Praxis
Current Approved Electives
- ENGL 5963: Advanced Studies in Technical Writing and Public Rhetorics
- ENGL 5973: Topics in Rhetoric and Composition
- ENGL 6973: Seminar in Rhetoric and Composition
Other relevant graduate coursework will be allowed on a case-by-case basis, subject to administrative approval and topical relevancy to the graduate certificate and its aims.