Current Honors Students
Expectations of the Fulbright Honors Program
- Fulfill the Honors curriculum
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50
- Complete undergraduate research culminating in an honors thesis/project
Students who are between a 3.0 and 3.49 are placed on probation for a semester to allow them to raise their GPA. During that time, students may continue in their honors courses. If a student's GPA is below a 3.50 for two consecutive semesters or drops below a 3.0, they are removed from honors. However, they are able to rejoin if they can raise their GPA back to a 3.50 by the start of their junior year.
Benefits of the Fulbright Honors Program
- Smaller, discussion-based learning environment
- Classes that emphasize critical thinking
- Strong letters of recommendation from faculty and thesis advisor
- Undergraduate research
- Funding for study abroad and research
- Graduation with honors distinction
Current Fulbright Honors students can now change their program update online. This link will allow students to add or delete majors. Please read the form carefully, as there are some majors that still have to be changed in person. Click link here.