Financial FAQs

Q&A compiled by the ARSC Student Success Team. Please let us know if you have further suggestions.

Financial holds are often placed on a students account by the Treasures’s Office. Here is a link to their FAQ page. Notice the Razorbot at the lower part of their webpage (and our webpage too). Feel free to ask the Razorbot your questions to get greater insight on what to do next.

Basically, the Financial Aid office helps (aids) you to get money to fund your college experience such as completing the FASFA and managing scholarships. The Treasurer’s Office is where you pay for your UofA bills. If you need help with FASFA or scholarships, contact Financial Aid(479-575-3806). If you need help with financial holds on your account, contact Treasurer’s Office(479-575-5651).

Check out the treasurer’s payment plan webpage for details. If it is past the date due, do not be afraid to contact them at 479-575-5651

Complete the Chancellor’s Student Success Scholarship application. There is money set aside to assist students with exceptional financial need and/or extraordinary academic excellence who have not received scholarships sufficient to fund their education.

  1. Check out the UofA Cares Emergency Funding application on Hogsync. The UofA Cares Office offers financial support for things such as health care, food, transportation, and other items that you need.
  2. Sometimes departments have emergency funds too. Check out the emergency fund pages for students majoring in history or communications. There is also funding for African and African American students from the African and African American Studies program; please email Dr. Banton for more information.
  3. You can also apply for funds through the  Fulbright College Dean's Emergency Student Retention Fund

University of Arkansas requires students to have a valid FAFSA on file to be eligible for these funds. See CARES Act Emergency Funds for more information.

The Jane B. Gearhart Full Circle Food Pantry is there to provide food for students and staff. Students can also apply for meals via Chartwells meal donation program through UofA Cares under the non-emergency safety concern reporting option.

First, to get help with your tuition and fees from the federal government, you need to complete the FAFSA. To learn more about completing the FASFA, see the video on the UofA Financial Aid Website.

You can find out more information about your parking hold in your parking portal. Check out the Work It Off program to see if you can use volunteer hours in exchange for paying for up to $50 for your ticket. In addition, you can try contacting parking services at 479-575-7275 and ask that your hold be released.