The School of Art is dedicated to bringing in renowned artists, designers, and scholars to the University of Arkansas to provide students and the community comprehensive experiences in the practice and study of fine arts and design.
Kayla Crenshaw, director of admin & communications
Fine Arts Center, School of Art
340 N. Garland
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Welcome to the School of Art Visiting Lecture Series.
These programs are made possible through the generous support of the Walton Family Charitable Support Foundation and the Joy Pratt Markham Visiting Lecture Endowment. These lectures would not be possible without their contributions
_Olivian Cha, Curator and Collections Manager of the Corita Art Center
Thursday September 15 at 5:30 p.m., Hillside Auditorium, 202
_Ari Melenciano, Creative Technologist at Google's Creative Lab, professor at NYU's Interactive Telecommunications Graduate Program, and founder of Afrotectopia.
Thursday October 6 at 5:30 p.m.
Webinar link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81858107577
_Nikki Green, Associate Professor of Art History at Wellesley College and a Visiting Scholar at the Cogut Institute for the Humanities at Brown University.
Thursday November 3 at 5:30 p.m.
Webinar info: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83857965798
Thursday November 10 at 5:30 p.m., Hillside Auditorium, 202
_Matt Bollinger, Artist
Thursday November 17 at 5:30 p.m., Hillside Auditorium, 202
_Chloë Bass, Multiform conceptual artist working in performance, situation, conversation, publication, and installation.
Thursday December 1 at 5:30 p.m., Hillside Auditorium, 202
Kameelah Janan Rasheed
Dr. Rachel Z. DeLue
Sarah Greenberger Rafferty
Dr. Bernard Young
Osamu James Nakagawa
Thomas Lyon Mills
Dr. Patricia Simons
_Jan. 25, 6 p.m., Art Education and Center for the Study of Childhood At invites all to:
Dr. Sylvia Kind and Dr. Cristina Delgado Vintimilla virtual talk, 'Choreographies of Practice: Mutualities & Sympoetic Becomings in Early Childhood Education.' Preregister at: http://ow.ly/JzEg50D9to5
_University of Arkansas McIlroy Family Visiting Professorship Lecture + Roundtable
Co-organized by the School of Art, the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, and the Art Bridges Foundation
_11:30-12:30: lecture, Philip J. Deloria, Leverett Saltonstall Professor of History, Harvard University
_12:30-1 p.m.: break
_1:2:30 p.m.: roundtable
- Roundtable participants:
- Philip J. Deloria, Standing Rock Sioux, Leverett Saltonstall Professor of History, Harvard University
- Dyani White Hawk, Sičangu Lakota, artist
- Wanda Nanibush, Anishinaabe-kwe, Curator of Indigenous Art, Art Gallery of Ontario
- Georgina Uhlyarik, Fredrik S. Eaton Curator of Canadian Art, Art Gallery of Ontario
- Amy Lonetree, Ho-Chunk, Associate Professor of History, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Sascha Scott, Associate Professor of Art History, Native American and Indigenous Studies, Syracuse University
- Kate Bingaman-Burt, Printmaking
- Tricia Treacy, Printmaking
- Naomi Nakazato, Printmaking
- Kieran Riley Abbot, Printmaking
- Alex Mendex, Art Education
- Elizabeth Denneau, Art Education
- Caroline Sinders, Graphic Design
- Silas Munro, Graphic Design
- Ayumi Hori, Ceramics
- Osa Atoe, Ceramics