The School of Art is dedicated to bringing in renowned artists, designers, and scholars to the University of Arkansas to provide students and the community comprehensive experiences in the practice and study of fine arts and design.
Maryamsadat Amirvaghefi, assistant director of exhibitions
Fine Arts Center, School of Art
340 N. Garland
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Welcome to the School of Art Visiting Lecture Series.
These programs are made possible through the generous support of the Walton Family Charitable Support Foundation and the Joy Pratt Markham Visiting Lecture Endowment. These lectures would not be possible without their contributions
_Scott Manning Stevens, Art History Scholar, Jan. 28, 5:30 p.m.
_Rachelle Mozman Solano, Artist, Feb. 4, 5:30 p.m.
_Michael Velliquette, Artist, Feb. 11, 5:30 p.m.
_Sarah E. Thompson, Art History Scholar, Feb. 25, 5:30 p.m.
_Pamela Harris Lawton, Art Education Scholar, March 1, 5:00 p.m.
_Silas Munro, Designer, March 2, 5:00 p.m.
_Tivon C. Rice, Artist, March 4, 5:30 p.m.
_Paul Mpagi Sepuya, Artist, April 8, 5:30 p.m.
_Olivia Gude, Art Education Scholar, April 29, 5:30 p.m.
_Endia Beal, Sept. 3
_Derek Ham, Oct. 1
_Wayne Franits, Oct. 8
_Tauba Auerbach, Nov. 12
_Kate Bingaman-Burt, Nov. 19
_The Color Network, Panel Discussion, Dec. 3
Dr. Rachel Z. DeLue
Sarah Greenberger Rafferty
Dr. Bernard Young
Osamu James Nakagawa
Thomas Lyon Mills
Dr. Patricia Simons
_Jan. 25, 6 p.m., Art Education and Center for the Study of Childhood At invites all to:
Dr. Sylvia Kind and Dr. Cristina Delgado Vintimilla virtual talk, 'Choreographies of Practice: Mutualities & Sympoetic Becomings in Early Childhood Education.' Preregister at: http://ow.ly/JzEg50D9to5
_University of Arkansas McIlroy Family Visiting Professorship Lecture + Roundtable
Co-organized by the School of Art, the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, and the Art Bridges Foundation
_11:30-12:30: lecture, Philip J. Deloria, Leverett Saltonstall Professor of History, Harvard University
_12:30-1 p.m.: break
_1:2:30 p.m.: roundtable
- Roundtable participants:
- Philip J. Deloria, Standing Rock Sioux, Leverett Saltonstall Professor of History, Harvard University
- Dyani White Hawk, Sičangu Lakota, artist
- Wanda Nanibush, Anishinaabe-kwe, Curator of Indigenous Art, Art Gallery of Ontario
- Georgina Uhlyarik, Fredrik S. Eaton Curator of Canadian Art, Art Gallery of Ontario
- Amy Lonetree, Ho-Chunk, Associate Professor of History, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Sascha Scott, Associate Professor of Art History, Native American and Indigenous Studies, Syracuse University
- Kate Bingaman-Burt, Printmaking
- Tricia Treacy, Printmaking
- Naomi Nakazato, Printmaking
- Kieran Riley Abbot, Printmaking
- Alex Mendex, Art Education
- Elizabeth Denneau, Art Education
- Caroline Sinders, Graphic Design
- Silas Munro, Graphic Design
- Ayumi Hori, Ceramics
- Osa Atoe, Ceramics